Born and raised in what was then the small town of Leesburg, Virginia, my younger sister and I were raised by my older sister and her husband after I lost my mom to cancer and my father to mental illness before I graduated high school. Although always a good student, I thrived in the academic freedom found at a small independent college, and graduated Magna Cum laude with degrees in English and Philosophy, and lots of hours in political science. Although I thought my career would be in service to the law, the then mayor of Lynchburg, VA convinced me that a career in non-profits would better suit my abilities to engage the community, analyze data, and lead others to make positive change. He was right.
Community Experience: 4 years – Parks, Recreation, Open Space and Trails Advisory Committee, 3 as Vice Chair. 7 years – Board of Directors Summit at Rock Creek Homeowners Association, 5 as vice president. Active volunteer for community events and programs including Superior Morgul, 4th of July parade, and ChiliFest.
My career of inclusive leadership of local, national and non-profit organizations includes:
• Currently Director of Finance, Arvada Community Food Bank
• Executive Director – Broomfield Soccer Club
• Treasurer, Secretary, Board of Directors, World Flying Disc Federation (member, International Olympic Committee)
• Executive Director – Ultimate Players Association (now USA Ultimate)
• Assistant Executive Director – United States Field Hockey (member US Olympic Committee)
• Executive Director – International Society of Hybrid Microelectronics Educational Foundation
• United Way – More than eleven years of generating revenues through workplace fundraising and building partnerships with local businesses and national corporations to support local and state community-based human services as well as United Way of America